It comes as no surprise that millennials are big on work-from-home jobs.
Of this flexibility-loving, tech-savvy generation, 75% would like to start working (or work more often) from home, according to Deloitte’s 2016 Millennial Study.
But older workers can find just as many potential employment opportunities online, if they know where to look.
Whether you need a little extra money in your retirement or just like to keep busy, if you’re looking for a new position, here are 10 great jobs for retirees you can do from the comfort of your home.
First, a Word of Warning
As with anything you find online, some opportunities are better than others.
Sadly, there are plenty of work-from-home scams out there, so keep an eye out for the following red flags:
- They ask for personal information, like your Social Security number or bank account information.
- They ask you to pay. Legitimate job offers will never require payment to apply, purchase inventory, attend training, etc.
- They don’t mention a specific pay rate, or they make vaguely worded promises like, “You can earn up to $30 an hour!”
- They are not listed on the Better Business Bureau website (if they claim to represent a larger company) or have a large number of dubious reviews.
- The only physical location you find for the company is a P.O. box (if it’s local).
- They offer you an advance on your pay.
If a position meets one or more of the criteria listed above, chances are it might not be on the up and up, so you’re best to keep searching.